Are you passionate about South Africa, travel and tourism and possess the required qualifications and skills?
Then we invite you to apply for this exciting position in the Brand and Marketing Business Unit.
South African Tourism wishes to extend this mandate for an Independent Hosting Specialist to join its dynamic team.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hospitality and tourism industry is strictly necessary, with proven and demonstrable knowledge of South Africa
• Good planning and controlling skills
• Superior interpersonal skills • Persuasive and influential
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• The ability to manage hosted trade and media groups
• Strong project management skills
• Post hosting reports evaluation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of quality standards (eg ISO)
• A sound understanding of the tourism industry, with a niche focus on the business tourism industry (locally and internationally)
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements, namely PFMA, Treasury Regulations and Frameworks on performance information and strategic plans.
What we are looking for:
Comprehensive training will be provided by the South African Tourism on being a host. However, the following will be to your advantage (in addition to a Grade 12 certificate or NQF Level 4):
• A post-Matric qualification in Tourism and/or Hospitality
• Tourist/guest experience in tourism products • Excellent computer literacy
• Proven ability to operate independently for extended periods, without close supervision.
It is important that you have your own laptop, Internet connection, mobile phone and are mobile as well as able to travel extensively.
Personal qualities that will definitely count in your favour:
• High energy levels
• A high level of personal grooming and presentation
• Excellent time management skills
• The ability to work as part of the team and to build strong relationships with a wide range of people
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• Highly professional and presentable at all times
• Willingness to travel extensively.
Previously Disadvantaged Individuals will be given preference.
What we offer: The Service Provider Agreement that you will have to sign with South African Tourism as an
Independent Hosting Specialist provides payment to the successful candidate through a hosting fee of R1 000.00 per day.
All Independent Hosting Specialists appointed by South African Tourism report to Regional Hosting Specialists.
NB: Please indicate your province of residence, as this will be critical when allocating tourism hostings to the successful
Please send your detailed CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 27 June 2018.
Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. No late applications will be accepted.